Cari Darminio, Genealogist
- Certificate from Boston University’s Genealogical Research Program—Fall 2016, Online Class 22.
- Attends several lectures and workshops at local libraries and historical societies, including the New England Historic Genealogical Society in Boston, Massachusetts, as well as webinars.
- ProGen Study Group 34, in progress.
Prior to Genealogy
- Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, in Mathematics and Computer Science, St. Lawrence University, Canton, New York.
- Experience as a software engineer in the defense industry, contract writer for online math courses and tutorials, tutoring, and substitute teaching.
In math and software engineering, attention to detail, problem solving, testing, and trouble-shooting are paramount. These skills were readily transferable to solving genealogical problems. My writing and teaching experience allows me to communicate research results clearly and concisely with my clients.
In the Works
- Joining both the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and the United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada (UELAC).
- Become a Board Certified Genealogist in 2020.
- Transcribed a cemetery for the Cemetery-Graveyard Project for the Portsmouth, Rhode Island, Town Planner.
- Serves on the Curator’s Committee of Portsmouth Historical Society.
Resources (these are just a few of the many resources at my disposal)
- New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, MA.
- American-French Genealogical Society, Woonsocket, RI.
- LDS Family History Center, Warwick, RI.
- National Archives – Northeast Region, Waltham, MA.
- Rhode Island Historical Society, Providence, RI.
- Many paid subscriptions.
- Annual trips to Upstate New York and Ontario.