Cari Darminio, Genealogist
Why hire a professional?
You hire a professional so your lineage will stand the test of time. Without carefully documented research, lineages often wind up debunked. AJ Genealogy always strives to meet the Genealogical Proof Standard.
- Certificate from Boston University’s Genealogical Research Program—Fall 2016, Online Class 22
- Attends several lectures and workshops at local libraries and historical societies, including the New England Historic Genealogical Society in Boston, Massachusetts, as well as webinars
Prior to Genealogy
- Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, in Mathematics and Computer Science, St. Lawrence University, Canton, New York
- Experience as a software engineer in the defense industry, contract writer for online math courses and tutorials, tutoring, and substitute teaching
In math and software engineering, attention to detail, problem solving, testing, and trouble-shooting are paramount. These skills were readily transferable to solving genealogical problems. My writing and teaching experience allows me to communicate research results clearly and concisely with my clients.
In the works
- Joining both the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and the United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada (UELAC)
- Become a Board Certified Genealogist by the summer of 2018
- Currently, wait listed for ProGen Study Group
Resources (these are a just a few of the many resources at my disposal)
- New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, MA
- American-French Genealogical Society, Woonsocket, RI
- LDS Family History Center, Warwick, RI
- National Archives – Northeast Region, Waltham, MA
- Rhode Island Historical Society, Providence, RI
- Many paid subscriptions
- Annual trips to Upstate New York and Ontario